Alright. I’m an on-again-off-again calorie counter. Right now I’m on the band wagon. You see, I’m currently competing in another round of the Game On Health Challenge (you can read all about that in My Weight Loss Story). It’s my fourth time competing. Each time I’ve chosen ‘calorie counting’ as my meal plan. As tedious as it can be, MyFitnessPal makes it nearly effortless. The plus side, is as long as you know what’s in your food – you can count it. Over the next four weeks you’ll be seeing a whole lot of healthy around here. I want to continue to prove that healthy is not only good for you, but can also be delicious too. These Cashew Chicken Salad Lettuce wraps are divine. Seriously. They are also super easy too. I’ve mentioned it before, but I buy the Costco pre-shredded rotisserie chicken and it use it in so many things!
I’m a huge chicken salad fan. I love them on croissants the best…but we all know those aren’t for the calorie conscious like myself. You of course can have this slathered in between two slices of bread, or a pita too. Since I try to make every calorie count I decided to ditch the bread and just throw it in some lettuce. So delicious. Seriously. I wish you could taste this. Better yet. Why don’t you make it? You will love it!! You will. You will! If you like chicken salad and want another variation, you should give my Mango Chicken Salad Recipe a try. That’s really delish too.
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 1 c. green grapes, halved
- 1/2 c. cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. craisins
- 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Nature's Seasoning
- 1 head lettuce of choice (I used butter leaf lettuce)
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients except the lettuce. Mix well to combine. Divide evenly between six lettuce leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate until read to eat.
- *When I add the ingredients and create a recipe in MyFitnessPal it gives me the total calories of 214 per serving, FYI - the nutritional information in the recipe card is slightly off.