Do you have leftover ham from your Easter meal? How about boiled eggs? I’m sure you’ve got so many boiled eggs you don’t know what to do with yourself (I hope you tried my Oven Baked Hard Boiled Eggs because they are SO easy!). Of course, you could always make my Creamy Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe, or Healthy Avocado & Egg Salad Sandwiches, but how about something different? What about tacos? I know, you are probably thinking to yourself: tacos? How am I going to use leftover ham and boiled eggs in tacos? Well I’ve got the answer for you!
If you like a good ole traditional cobb salad, you are going to love this portable version. Who doesn’t love just wrapping up a good hearty taco? This will take your cobb salad to a whole new level. For me, any time I get to use my favorite Food For Life Sprouted Corn Tortillas is a good time. Not only are they healthy, but they are also delicious! By spouting, many of the key nutrients are released and is more easily digestible. I find mine at my local health food store (where I also buy many of the other Food For Life products). I’m so happy to have another great way to use up some leftovers. You better believe I’ll be having these a few times this week! Hope you’ll give them a try, they are quick, easy, and delicious!
Cobb Salad Tacos
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. cubed ham
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 (6-inch) sprouted corn tortillas (or regular corn)
- 2 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2 c. thinly sliced sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 c. diced tomato
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add ham and toss to coat. Combine mayo and buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in the blue cheese. Heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange about 1/4 cup ham mixture in center of each tortilla. Top tacos evenly with lettuce, tomato, chopped avocado, egg and bacon. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Here’s another great Cobb Salad rendition!