On our last grocery shopping trip I went a little crazy in the produce section. For whatever reason, I can’t get enough vegetables this season. I LOVE them! I’m on a major artichoke kick (I’m excited to share a few recipes soon, watch for those!) and the veggie of the season this year for me is cauliflower. Where has that been my whole life?!? Maybe I’ve become a veggie lover because we are growing a few things in our garden and I’m appreciating them more? Or maybe because they are insanely good for you and prepared right can taste wonderful? I’m not sure. What I do know, is that this recipe is the perfect way to incorporate tons of veggies in one side dish. Of course you can add or omit whatever you like and don’t like, it’s really easy to adapt this to your personal preference. It’s easy, it’s healthy, and it’s delicious. What more could you ask for?
Veggie Lovers Stuffed Zucchini
This Veggie Lovers Stuffed Zucchini is simple to make and packed with flavor and nutrition!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 c. mushrooms diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes diced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out/discard seeds. Coat lightly with olive oil and place on a foil-lined or non-stick baking sheet like a Silpat (no oil required). Place, cut side up, on sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- While prepping vegetables, bake halved zucchini. Heat oil on medium-heat in a large pan on stovetop. Add garlic and shallots cooking until fragrant, about five minutes. Add in remaining diced veggies and cook 5-7 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove halved zucchini from oven and stuff with vegetable mixture. Bake until zucchini is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Top zucchini with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is brown and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes; serve immediately.