This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission (ORBC). Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
We are nearing the end of August. NEARING THE END OF AUGUST? Where on earth has this year gone already? Where has summer gone? We have LESS than 30 days until the end of summer and I couldn’t be more heartbroken about it. Here’s what I say. Let’s not harp on what’s behind us, lets revel in what we have left of my most favorite season & live it up! Are you with me? I’ve been enjoying fresh berries all summer long & I’ve been so excited to share this incredible (if I do say so myself) recipe with you! Let me list some of the reasons I love it:
- It’s smooth. Oh how smooth & creamy it is. It’s reminiscent of a feeling of swinging at the park with the wind in your hair without a care in the world. Do you feel me? Did I transport you there?
- It’s full of all sorts of delicious berry goodness. Oregon Blackberries to be precise. If you’re lucky enough to be in the Pacific Northwest you’re definitely spoiled by the berry bounty. Thankfully the rest of us around the country are able to enjoy as well! I’ve bought many of bags of Stahlbush Island Farm frozen berries as well as fresh Oregon berries (look for the label, you’ve got them in your grocery store too!).
- No need to turn the stove on. It’s NO BAKE! The last thing anyone wants to do is fire up the stove in the heat of summer. No bake treats for the win!! This is the definition of summer yum if I’ve ever heard it.
On top of all of that, this recipe is genuinely as no-nonsense as it gets and SO easy to make. You shouldn’t have any trouble at all locating these down to earth ingredients. You also have total flexibility in how you serve up this delicious and refreshing treat! You could make one large serving using a single bowl, or create a handful of individual servings that are super easy to dish out or take on the go.
No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake
Smooth. Creamy. Delicious. NO BAKE! This Blackberry Cheesecake hits ALL the marks.
- 2 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar, heavy cream and vanilla.
In a separate bowl mash 1 pint of blackberries with a fork; strain to remove seeds.
Add blackberry puree to cream cheese mixture.
In a small bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs & melted butter.
To assemble place 1-2 tbsp. of graham cracker crumbs followed by 1/3 c. blackberry cream cheese mixture. Top with fresh blackberries (and whipped cream, optional).
For best results, refrigerate at least 30 minutes (but can be eaten immediately).