Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese? I’m sure you know by now that April is National Grilled Cheese Month. Just because the month is over doesn’t mean this sandwich isn’t worth bookmarking, pinning, saving, and making. It’s divine! When contemplating which way I wanted to take the grilled cheese sandwich I was inspired by my original Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich. If you aren’t in the mood for a grilled cheese (which I’m not sure how you couldn’t be after watching my video!) you can also check out my Jalapeño Popper Dip or plain and simple Jalapeño Poppers!
I wanted to add a little twist and update to this phenomenal recipe. So I did just that. Check it out and see for yourself. P.s. I love comments, so if you like what you see, let me know!
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of bread of choice
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tbsp. diced jalapeños
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Cook bacon according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, green onions, green chilies, jalapeños, and garlic salt. Stir until smooth. Chop bacon and add to cream cheese mixture. Butter one side of your bread and lay buttered-side down on heated griddle. Top with cheese. Butter another side of bread. On the reverse side spread approx. 1/4 c. cream cheese mixture and place cream cheese side down on other side of sandwich. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Make sure you check out some other delicious Jalapeno dishes!
Linking up with Artsy Fartsy Mama