Where are my football fans? I’ll be honest with you. I’ll be the first one in line NOT watching football. I will however enjoy the super bowl snacks & commercials. Everyone is on the hunt for ‘game day appetizers’. I just realized that I love jalapenos. Which is quite funny to me because I don’t love spicy food. Evidently, I love a little bit of kick. I especially love any kind of jalapeno poppers! In fact, you should check out my Jalapeno Poppers, Jalapeno Popper Dip, Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich, or Jalapeno Popper Turkey Burger Sliders (see, I told you I loved the combo!). These Jalapeno Popper Swirls made with Rhodes rolls are so easy to put together and very tasty!
Can you go wrong with bread, cream cheese, and bacon? In fact, these ALSO remind me of my Cheesy Jalapeno Knots (which are fantastic!). So what are you doing for the big game? Do you have your finger foods and appetizer menu all planned out? If you haven’t nailed it down just yet, I highly recommend you add this recipe. Your guests will love you! Check out my step-by-step photos and find my recipe over on the Rhodes Blog that show you just how simple this is to put together! Enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Swirls
Jalapeno Popper Swirls are full of flavor, this recipe will delight all.
- 9 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls thawed to room temperature
- 4 ounce can diced jalapenos drained
- 5 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- Combine rolls. Spray counter lightly with non-stick spray and roll dough into a 22 x7-inch rectangle. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Combine the jalapenos, bacon and cream cheese. Remove wrap from dough and spread dough evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Starting with a long side, roll dough to make a long log.
- Pinch long edge to seal. Cut the log into 32 slices and lay each slice onto a sprayed baking sheet with the spiral showing. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv
Love jalapenos as much as I do? Check out these other great recipes: