There are so many things you can do with shredded chicken. I absolutely love keeping some on hand just for that reason. We have been enjoying all sorts of quick and delicious meals that are easy and tasty. I’ve been on a Mexican food kick lately it seems. This taco salad is the perfect lunch that can be prepared ahead of time for the perfect grab-n-go. Or, if you’d like to pair it with some chips and salsa and Mexican rice it would make the perfect dinner recipe as well. Either way, you are in for a great recipe! The creamy avocado cilantro dressing pairs nicely with the taco salad (almost but not quite resembling a popular restaurant dressing). It’s perfectly healthy yet delicious!
Healthy Chicken Taco Salad
This Healthy Chicken Taco Salad is ready in a flash and is fresh and delicious!
- 5 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 c. shredded chicken seasoned with taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. canned whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 1/2 c. canned black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. tortilla strips for garnish
- Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with corn, black beans, tomato, cheese & avocado.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, if desired. Serve with dressing.
I used the Costco shredded rotisserie chicken that I had heated with water and taco seasoning until warm.
Adapted from Damn Delicious
What I like most about taco salad recipes is how easily adaptable they are! You can add more of what you like, less of what you don’t. Love cilantro? Pile on some fresh leaves for an extra punch of flavor. How about some red onion? That would make for a little extra kick. Speaking of kick – what about a few jalapeño slices? So many wonderful options and so many different ways to personalize this for you and your family! Eat up!
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
This Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing is both delicious and easy!
- 1 avocado
- 1 c. cilantro washed
- 1/4 c. greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4-1 c. water
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients until smooth and creamy. To reach desired consistency, add more or less water.
For more healthy salad recipes, try these!