Carrot Apple Beet Juice). The menu description for their salad reads: “Mixed greens and arugula tossed with Blue Lemon Vinaigrette, roasted red and yellow beets, feta cheese, candied pecans, sweet and sour red onions and carrots.” Sounds simple enough?
I went right to work recreating this delicious salad and couldn’t be happier with the results. I love EVERY component (although the Maple Candied Pecans may be my favorite). The IKEA SKYN serving bowl was a beautiful addition to my clean & modern style dinner table. Accompanied with the IKEA GRIPANDE 2-piece bamboo salad server set, it’s an excellent pairing for this salad or any other salad you may be serving. If you’ve been following along with this dining and entertaining series I can’t wait to continue to share more of the entire party. If you’ve missed it, be sure to check out the Vanilla Rosemary Lemonade, Edible Gift In A Jar: Vegetarian Five Bean Soup Mix, How To Build The Perfect Cheese Board, and the Dinner Party Guest Invite: How To. So much great information and recipes on how to throw the best party!
Healthy Beet & Feta Salad
This salad was inspired by the Blue Lemon Roasted Beet Salad. So many wonderful flavors all nestled together in one bowl. Drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette a great starter to any tasty meal. Simple to throw together.This Healthy Beet & Feta Salad is stunning enough for any dinner table!
- 2 c. mixed greens
- 2 c. arugula or baby spinach
- 2 medium red beets sliced
- 2 medium yellow beets sliced
- 1/2 c. pickled beets diced
- 1/2 c. chopped maple candied pecans
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- Boil the beets on medium heat for 45 mins or until easily pierced through with a knife. The skin will easily peel off. Once slightly cooled remove the skin of the beets and slice into cubes. In a bowl top spinach with sliced beets, diced pickled beets, feta cheese, and candied pecans with the lemon vinaigrette and serve.
For Lemon Vinaigrette
- In a small blender (I used my Blendtec Twister Jar) mix all ingredients together on setting 1 for 20 seconds.
Adapted from Scrambled Chefs
*A very special thank you to IKEA Draper who generously provided the product used in this blogpost series. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.