I recently took part in a “freezer meals” swap. I’m not the best at freezing anything other than meat – so this was a challenge to me! I decided to go for this Creamy Chicken Casserole because it was simple and involved handy ingredients. It turned out wonderfully and I was really impressed, can’t wait to make it again! I’m also looking forward to making many more freezer meals in the future, can’t wait until we actually have freezer space to take full advantage of 😉Items used in this post:
Creamy Chicken Casserole
- 4 c. uncooked egg noodles
- 4 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 c. milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture. Transfer to two greased 8-inch square baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes (assuming it's not in the foil pan), or until heated through, stirring twice. Or cover and bake casserole at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer until heated through.