This past weekend the hubs and I went camping with friends and I knew I wanted to pack some healthy snacks. My Coconut Blueberry Chia Muffins are always a favorite healthy go-to, but I wanted to switch it up just a bit. Last month on the Super Healthy Kids site I posted my Coconut Strawberry Chia Muffins and decided peach would be a fun variety. I love all things peach so of course I was on board. First bite in the hubs was on board too! There’s just something about these muffins that are so great. I don’t know if it’s because they are so light, so moist, so healthy, so delicious or all of the above?
What’s great about these muffins is the batch makes 24 perfect regular sized muffins that are great for breakfast on the go or even a snack throughout the day. If you’re like my husband or myself… they end up being both! We don’t specifically try to eat gluten free but if you have that special diet you need to accommodate for then I would highly recommend you trying these out. If you’re dairy free then I extra recommend you give them a try! If you’ve never cooked with coconut flour then this is the perfect introductory recipe for you. It’s a tricky flour to work with and so far this recipe is the only one I’ve found great success with. Still on my hunt to make great recipes with the flour so keep an eye out. In the meantime, if you make these – let me know what you think!
Coconut Peach Chia Muffins
- 1 c. Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 c. fresh chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the coconut flour, salt and baking soda in the bowl of your stand mixer. In a blender, blend together honey, coconut milk, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla until mixed well. Using the whisk attachment, gently whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; add chia seeds. Fold in peaches and pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins turn gold brown & toothpick inserted comes out clean. Immediately remove from tins and cool on rack.