*This post is sponsored by Glad Press’N Seal, but the opinions are my own.
Summer is coming to an end and I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not ready. Last year I decided that summer is my favorite season. This year I decided that as soon as July 31st hits I have a wave of sadness come over me. The back to school commercials start rolling out. The school supplies start showing up in stores. Everyone starts getting in the last hoorah activities before summer is over. Where has the time gone? Even though it’s ending, it’s not over yet! There’s still time to make this summer macaroni salad!
I don’t know about you, but my biggest pet peeve at a BBQ or picnic is the incessant flies trying to ruin the party. I find myself constantly swatting the nuisances away trying to enjoy my food and make sure my guest are having a pleasant time as well. The great thing about Glad Press’n Seal Wrap is that you can enjoy the sunshine and heat without sharing your food with the pesky insects. You can have a complete BBQ with all of your typical furnishings like burgers, hot dogs, fruit salad, pasta salad & dessert. Not only will Glad Press’n Seal Wrap help keep the bugs away – the best feature is that you can transport all of your delicious grub from the house to the yard without worrying about any spills! Usually with partytime commotion and kids/pets running around it can get hectic. It’s nice to know a little bump or two won’t ruin the whole meal!
Summer Macaroni Salad
- 12 oz box elbow macaroni
- ½ c. sweet red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ c. cucumber, finely diced
- ½ c. green onion, finely diced
- ½ c. olives, sliced
- ½ c. celery, finely diced
- ½ c. cheddar cheese, cubed
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, olives, celery, and cheese. Mix to combine. Add mayo, mustard, sour cream, salt, and black pepper. Using a large wooden spoon or spatula, gently stir together pasta and dressing, making sure to cover all of the macaroni pasta evenly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.