Howdy! It’s Steve here, your friendly recipe video creator – back to answer another frequently asked question!
Having a great recipe video is more important than ever, and is only becoming increasingly important! Here are some key reasons why:
- Recipe Videos improve the user experience of your visitors by clearly showing them how to make the recipe with step by step visuals. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million.
- Recipe Videos can improve your “EAT” (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) score. This in turn may help your SEO efforts.
- Recipe Videos can be inserted into your Recipe Card metadata, which results in a more complete and useful Recipe Card. This may also help your SEO efforts.
- Recipe Videos are great for sharing on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest and can help increase your reach, while simultaneously driving traffic to your site. Video consistently outperforms static images when it comes to user attention and interaction.
- Recipe Videos are a fantastic way to increase your website’s ad revenue! According to the AdThrive website “Readers who engage with videos in your posts earn you 1.5-2x more than a reader who doesn’t. It pays to have a video in every post!”
I hope you found these points helpful! If you’re interested in learning more about recipe videos, be sure to checkout the following links:
- What’s the difference between a good recipe video and a great one?
- Which recipes should I make videos for?
We would love to create recipe videos for you! You can learn more about our process and see examples of our work here.