Mother’s Day will soon be upon us.
Need an idea for what to make mom for her special day?
Here’s a good one!
Potatoes and Cheese Bruncheros
Potatoes and Cheese Bruncheros is a taste of Mexican flavor combined with your favorite hash browns and it makes this recipe a delicious twist on the standard breakfast fare.
- 9 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls or 6 Rhodes Yeast Texas Rolls thawed to room temperature
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- serve with fresh salsa
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls together and roll into a 13-inch circle or 10x14-inch rectangle.
- Place in a sprayed 12-inch deep dish pizza pan or 9x13-inch pan and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Remove wrap and poke with fork several times to prevent bubbles from forming. Bake at 350°F 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a large frying pan brown potatoes and onions in butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Spread chilies and sour cream on top of potatoes and mix together. In another frying pan, scramble eggs until just barely set. Salt and pepper to taste. Then, layer eggs on baked crust followed by potato mixture. Sprinkle cheese and cilantro on top.
- Bake at 350°F 10 more minutes. Serve warm with fresh salsa.
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv