You have to make this. Have to, have to. It was SO good!!!! I love any kind of toasted nuts and the toasted pecans are oh so wonderful on top of the bread and swirled throughout. The source mentioned she used buttermilk instead of regular milk for extra moistness. I just so happened to have buttermilk in the fridge that I needed to use before it went bad. This will be made again and again. I envision it Christmas morning in fact!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Cinnamon Swirl Bread would be great for Christmas morning - like having dessert for breakfast!
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 c finely chopped pecans toasted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk I used buttermilk for extra moistness. YUM!
- 1/3 c cooking oil
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease/flour/spray the bottom and sides of a 9″x5″x3″ loaf pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup of sugar, pecans (if using), and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl or mixer bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Then, stir in milk and oil . Make a well in the flour mixture, and add the egg mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour half of the batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat. With a wide rubber scraper or spatula, swirl mixtures together with a down and up circular motion.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until done. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Then, cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from Mangio Da Sola