I don’t know if we will be friends after posting this. Sometimes when recipes are TOO easy to make, that means I make them ALL THE TIME!!!! While delicious, that’s no good for my waistline. I first had beignets on a cruise I went on a couple of years ago and fell in LOVE with them! They are so delicious. I wanted to recreate them, but didn’t want to go to all the effort of making the dough from scratch. Voila! Rhodes Bake N Serv Saved the day! Talk about easy peasy!!!
These Cheater Beignets are super simple - and fabulous served warm!
- six Rhodes Bake N Serv Rolls
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- Thaw rolls to room temperature.
- Combine all six rolls into one.
- Roll into a rectangle to about 12x17 (but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut down the center lengthwise and then into rectangles widthwise.
- Heat oil to high and fry dough until golden brown on each side.
- A couple of minutes per side should be long enough, be careful not to burn.
- Sprinkle immediately with powdered sugar & enjoy warm!
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv