I have been on a major granola kick these last six months or so. I’ve loved experimenting with various combinations and flavors. Most all of the recipes that I’ve made all basically use the same core ingredients; most of which we buy in the bulk bin section. Recently, Steve and I went to a fun bbq where each couple was asked to incorporate our “not-s-secret” ingredient in to whatever our food assignment was. There was a salad, two side dishes, and a dessert. All of which had to contain: apples! After racking my brain I finally decided on granola… of course :) So. We made this granola and topped it with apple butter infused maple yogurt. Not to brag, but it was so delicious!! In the end, our side dish could have also doubled as the dessert I supposed. I was so pleased with the results and happy with our unique way of incorporating our “not-so-secret” ingredient. Now, in addition to the Easy Toss & Bake Granola, Coconut Butter Granola, and Coconut Almond Granola, I’ve got another great recipe to add to the list!
Honey Apple Granola
Honey Apple Granola is so delicious on top of some vanilla yogurt! It's the perfect breakfast or snack.
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 c. chopped dried apples
- Preheat oven to 300F. Heat honey until it’s thinned and melt the coconut oil.
- Add spices into the dry ingredients (not including dried fruit) and mix well.
- Spread onto well-greased baking sheet, or lined with a Silpat and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir, bake for another 5 minutes, stir again and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Once it has cooled, add in the dried fruit.
Adapted from Lightly Crunchy