Looking for a great Christmas breakfast or brunch idea? Well, look no further! Today I’ve got a fantastic recipe for you that’s made easy with Rhodes Bake N Serv frozen dough! Rhodes recently rounded up a few of their favorite Christmas recipes on their blog. The Cranberry Orange Wreath Rolls immediately caught my eye. With a little inspiration from my Coconut Lemon Pecan Pull-Apart Bread, I decided to make a delicious lemon variation. They turned out wonderful!
Most Christmas mornings around my house have always been pretty relaxed. We usually eat a yummy breakfast with eggs, french toast, bacon & sausage, and of course a little something sweet. Cinnamon rolls have been the favorite for years, but I thought I’d switch things up this year and try something new. I love all things lemon (if you haven’t seen my 5-Ingredient Lemon French Toast Recipe, Lemon Glazed Blueberry Scones, Glazed Lemon Rolls or Lemon Pull-Aparts, you must check them out!). What I love about this recipe more than anything is that Rhodes does the hard work for you! After the dough has thawed and risen these are a cinch to pull together. The flavors work so well together, give them a try!
Coconut Cranberry Citrus Twists
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- Zest from two lemons
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls into a ball and roll into a 12x12-inch square. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. In a bowl combine sugars, coconut, cranberries and lemon zest. Remove plastic wrap from dough and brush with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle one half of the dough with the sugar mixture. Press mixture gently into the dough with your fingers. Fold plain side of dough over the side with the sugar mixture. Dough will now measure 6x12-inches. Pinch edges to seal. Divide dough & cut into 12 one inch strips using a pizza cutter. Gently twist each strip 2 or 3 times. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and join ends together to make a twist (if some filling falls out while twisting, sprinkle over twists before baking). Brush each with remaining butter and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise 45-60 minutes. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle or brush over rolls while still warm.