This post is sponsored advertising content by Sargento Foods .
What are your struggles when it comes to maintaining an active lifestyle? If you’re like me, being organized can be a challenge. Rather than hunting all over the house for what I need, I’ve been adding all of my necessities to my gym bag the night before I plan to use it so that in the morning it’s just a grab ‘n go. Here are the things I’ve found that help me maintain an active lifestyle:
- Snacks: Keeping fueled is just as important as burning calories. I like to pack Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks (I grab these in the morning and throw them in my bag since they require refrigeration). The reason why Sargento String and Stick Cheeses are so great is because they contain up to 5g of protein per serving. I also like to make a little baggie of various nuts (usually whatever we have on hand) like cashews or almonds too.
- Shoes. A must right? Whatever your activity (walking, running, aerobics, etc.) you need to be sure you’ve got high quality & comfortable footwear. Wouldn’t even hurt to have a second pair on hand as well. Throw them in your bag each night to ensure you don’t forget them!
- Heart Rate Monitor: This isn’t necessarily for everyone, but it’s on my must have list. I like to know how many calories I’m burning during my activity. I like to throw this in my bag to make sure I have all the pieces: the watch, the battery and the heart strap… because without any one of them, nothing will work (and that’s a major bummer if you’ve got a serious calorie burn on!)
- Earbuds: Do you listen to music? I can’t workout without some kind of tunes. Rather than annoy any and everyone around me I make sure to pack my earbuds to plug right into my phone (or music player – whatever you have).
- Headband& ponytail holder: I can’t stand my hair flopping all over the place. Especially if I’m sweaty (sorry for the visual) and so a hair band is a must. Keep a few in your bag in case you forget to replace them after you’ve used them.
- Water: Crucial!! You must, must, MUST pack a water bottle. Staying hydrated is key.