*This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, but the opinions are my own.
I love a good sandwich. But what makes a sandwich? The bread! The hubs and I are pretty particular about our bread. We’ve got to be able to recognize and pronounce the ingredients. About a year or so ago we stumbled upon Dave’s Killer Bread in our Costco. I know what you’re thinking.. why would two people need so much bread? Well, we keep a loaf in the fridge and freeze the other one! Works perfect and we end up going through both loaves before our next Coscto trip (where we stock up again).
When I was asked if I’d be interested in trying the two newest DKB products in the amazing line of bread, I couldn’t jump fast enough at the opportunity. They just released 100% Whole Wheat and Seeded Honey Wheat – transforming any sandwich to a wow-wich with their killer taste and texture. Not only are they delicious, but they are organic AND Non-GMO Project verified!!! I couldn’t wait to tear into the loaves as soon as I got them and this sandwich was the perfect way to get the party started.
Here are some killer facts:
- No Fillers: All of Dave’s Killer Bread products contain no artificial preservatives, no artificial ingredients and no high fructose corn syrup
- 100% Whole Wheat:
The first Non-GMO Project verified, certified organic, 100% whole wheat bread that packs a serious nutrition punch: 4 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, nothing artificial
- Seeded Honey Wheat:
You may think you know honey wheat, but wait until you try it the DKB way; each slice is packed with seeds on the inside for the perfect crunch and a punch of protein – 5 grams that is, plus 5 grams of fiber and mega omegas
The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
- 4 slices Dave's Killer Bread Organic Seeded Honey Wheat
- 1/2 c. spinach
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp. mashed avocado, mixed w/1 tsp. fresh lemon juice & salt to taste
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 c. alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Lightly toast bread. Once cooled, on one slice spread a thin layer of chive & onion spread. Top with spinach, cheese, mashed avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and sprouts. Sprinkle over sunflower seeds. Spread thin later of chive & onion spread on another slice of bread and top your sandwich. Enjoy!