There is something about a recipe that you discover, want to make right away, then realize you have ALL of the ingredients. You thought I was going to say the opposite of that didn’t you? No in this case – I mean, when you’ve got all the ingredients for a recipe that your mouth is watering for… the stars align. That’s what happened here. This quick & easy recipe fell into my lap, I had everything I needed to make it, within a matter of hours (thawing time) my kitchen smelled like one of the most delectable places on earth. OK. Maybe not on earth.. but it certainly did smell pretty darn amazing.
So what exactly is focaccia? Well, it’s a type of flat Italian bread made with yeast and olive oil and flavored with herbs. Easy peasy right? So simple. I’ve got all the step-by-step photos you need to walk you through exactly how to make it yourself at home. One of my fav sandwiches at a local sandwich shop is a Turkey & Avocado on focaccia. I had no idea the bread was so simple to make – now I can have it at home any time I want to. This time around there wasn’t enough that lasted long enough to make a sandwich.. it all somehow ended up in my belly. This bread is that good I tell you!
Two Cheese Focaccia
- 9 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh mozzarella cheese
- ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Combine olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and microwave for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls and roll into a 9x12 inch oval shape. Place dough on sprayed baking sheet. Brush olive oil mixture on dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit until warm and risen.
- Remove wrap and press dimples all over dough with finger tips. Sprinkle with cheeses. Sprinkle pepper over cheeses and bake at 450°F 6-8 minutes.