I’ve got an extra fun recipe for you over on the Rhodes Kids Baking Blog that you don’t want to miss! With Thanksgiving just around the corner everyone will be thinking of all things ‘tukeys’. These fun little sandwiches are not only as cute as pie, they are also so fun and SUPER easy for the kids to put together. They would also make a great way to use up some leftover turkey once the holiday is over!
Turkey and Cheese Sammies
These adorable Turkey and Cheese Sammies will be the talk of the lunchroom. Get kids into the kitchen to make their tasty turkey sandwiches that everyone will want a bite of!
- Rhodes Rolls baked and cooled according to package directions
- deli turkey meat
- string cheese colby jack & mozzarella
- shredded carrots
- diced bell pepper
- Slice string cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and layer using a toothpick - alternating between colby jack cheese and mozzarella. Repeat four times per sandwich.
- Slice roll in half and spread thin layer of mayo.
- Top with sliced deli turkey meat.
- Pierce toothpicks into the back half of the mini turkey sandwich.
- Add two thinly sliced mozzarella sticks for the base of the eyes.
- Top with two sliced olives.
- Add a shredded carrot for the nose.
- Finish the turkey off with a piece of chopped bell pepper. You can use a dab of mayo as your 'glue' to hold it on!
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv
You may also like: