If you like stuffed peppers you will fall in love with this soup. One taste and I absolutely fell in love. Ohmygoodness this is sooooo yummy!!!! The best part about it is that it’s HEALTHY. Who knew healthy could taste so good? I had no idea! I’m loving discovering all these fabulous meals made with real ingredients. I can see myself making this over and over and over again. While eating my first bowl of this yummy deliciousness I lost count of how many times I said “this is so good”. Mmm. Try it for yourself. You’ll see.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup is like deconstructed stuffed peppers - you'll love it!
- 3 c cooked brown rice
- 1 lb ground turkey or hamburger, whichever you prefer
- 1 large red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 c finely diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cans 14.5 oz each cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14.5 oz tomato sauce
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a large pot brown ground turkey on high heat and season with salt. Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, or until onions and peppers have softened.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve about 1 1/3 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.
Adapted from Skinny Taste