It’s nearly Halloween and what better festive dinner than this Stuffed Candy Corn Pizza? I am in love with how adorable it is and how closely it actually resembles candy corn! With the ingredient list I can just about guarantee your family will just flip over how delicious this is. Loaded with all-kinda-a-yummy-delicious cheese! Nacho cheese = check. Shredded cheddar cheese = check. Doritos nacho cheese = check.
So while you’re planning your menu for the holiday or your holiday party, consider this recipe. Once you see just how easy it is to put together (thanks in part to Rhodes frozen rolls) you’ll just about wonder where this recipe has been your whole life! Take a walk with me, I’ve got step-by-step instructions on how this super cute candy corn pizza is created!
I mean, with a lineup like this… it’s hard to go wrong! The chicken helps give the pizza some substance, along with everything else you’ll have a hearty stuffed pizza! Depending on the slices of your ‘candy corn’ this can feed a crowd – so make sure your guests come hungry!
Now just look at that! Tell me that doesn’t look amazing? Trust me, as this is baking you will want this to jump right in to your belly. Candy corn is oh so popular this time of year and I’ve been discovering the most fun recipes you can make to resemble this yummy treat (including my friend Amber’s Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bars, you’ve got to see those!). Why not scour the web and have a themed dinner party? Not THAT would be fun!
Stuffed Candy Corn Pizza
- 16 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature (makes 2 pizzas)
- 4-5 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 15 1/2 ounce jar salsa con queso dip
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed nacho-flavored corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine 4 rolls and flatten into a 13-inch circle.
- Place onto a sprayed 12-inch pizza pan. Roll another 4 rolls into a 13-inch circle and cover with plastic wrap.
- Combine chicken, salsa, corn, BBQ sauce and cumin and mix well. Spread half of the mixture over the crust on the pizza pan. Remove wrap from second dough circle and place it over the top of the chicken mixture. Seal edges of dough together.
- Bake at 375°F 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread half of the con queso dip over the warm pizza. Carefully sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese along the outer edge of the pizza. Put the pizza back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and place pizza on cutting board. Cover everything but the melted cheese edge with half of the crushed nacho chips.
- Slice into wedges and decorate the point with sour cream. Repeat to make a second pizza.
Want a couple other great Halloween recipes using Rhodes? Check out these: