I recently got a new job, and as a parting gift for my co-workers on my last day a few weeks ago I decided to make a treat to say goodbye! Everyone knows I love sharing food, and I figured there wouldn’t be a better way to say goodbye than over a sweet treat. These were so easy to put together and so tasty. They were an instant hit! Even better, they are patriotic! Look how adorably red white and blue they are! I’ve been on a quest to bring red white and blue recipes that don’t involve food coloring. In my healthy journey, I’ve all but 100% eliminated artificial food coloring in my cooking.
If you are on the hunt for some really great patriotic treats, check out my White Chocolate Cherry Blueberry Whole Wheat Scones, Red White & Blue Strawberry Blueberry Dessert Parfaits, or Red White & Blue Cherry Blueberry Shortcakes! All of them are fantastic for your holiday get together or BBQ! These sugar cookie cups will not disappoint. For a while now, I’ve been dying to try my friend Amber’s (from Dessert Now Dinner Later) Coconut Cream Fruit Dip, so I adapted it slightly and incorporated it in to these tasty little treats. The cream with the the sugar cookie is so light and dainty, topped off with a touch of fruit it’s an absolutely perfect dessert.
Red White & Blue Strawberry Blueberry Sugar Cookie Cups with Coconut Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 (16.5 oz) pkgs. refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. cream of coconut*
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. fresh whipped cream (you can use cool whip, if you prefer)
- 1 pkg. strawberries, washed, stems removed & quartered
- 1 c. blueberries, washed
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Grease a mini muffin pan lightly with cooking spray. Add 1 rounded tbsp. of dough to each muffin tin. Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool completely. Center should sink immediately, if not, gently press center to create a cavity. Beat together the cream cheese, cream of coconut, powdered sugar and vanilla until well incorporated. Fold in fresh whipped cream. Use a piping bag or spoon to fill cookie cups with cream. Top with fruit, if desired. Using a piping bag, pipe cream in to each sugar cookie cup. Top with a strawberry & blueberry. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Per the recommendation of Amber, you'll want to use cream of coconut, not coconut milk! With her direction, I used the Coco Real found in the alcoholic beverage aisle in your grocery store. Find out more about the product here: http://www.cocoreal.com/about.html!
And here are some more fruity Red, White and Blue Desserts!!