*This post is sponsored by Swanson’s. But the opinions are my own.
The cool weather is upon us. Want to know what that means? Time to pull out the crock pot and cozy up with some hearty, warm, and delicious meals!
I’ve recently been introduced to Swanson’s newest products: the New Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth and New Swanson Cream Starter™ and I love them! They help add in that little extra somethin’ somethin’ without needing a gazillion extra ingredients! With the weather cooling down, I’ve really been itching for soup.
The great thing about this Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken & White Bean Soup is that I can almost bet that you already have most of the ingredients right on hand! In fact, I plucked my carrots right out of the ground just minutes before chopping them up to throw them in. I fall in love with just about any soup that has the base of carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
Those ingredients are like the soup dream team, wouldn’t you say? Check out just how easy this recipe is to put together. A little bit of chopping prep & in to the slow cooker it goes. The Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth offers the right amount of Tuscan flavor that melds perfectly with the theme of the soup. The new Swanson Cream Starter™ is awesome!
It’s a lightly seasoned and thickened cream based broth to help easily create restaurant inspired cream soups, sides, and entrees at home. Perfect, right?
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken & White Bean Soup
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken & White Bean Soup is a fantastic cool weather soup perfect with a toasted slice of Ciabatta bread and a side salad. Made easy by your slow cooker, throw it together in the morning and you'll have a delicious dinner just in time!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken cubed
- 1 c. dried Great Northern beans
- 1 c. dried small white beans
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks diced
- 3 small carrots diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 32 oz. Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth
- 1 26.1 oz. Swanson Cream Starter™
- 4 c. water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- White cheddar cheese shredded
- Bacon cooked & crumbled
- Cube chicken & set aside.
- Prepare your vegetables by slicing and dicing the onion, celery, and carrots. Mince garlic.
- Rinse the beans, place in your crock pot followed by the chicken, veggies and garlic.
- Add Swanson® Tuscan Chicken Flavor Infused Broth and Swanson Cream Starter™.
- Finish with water; stir to combine. Cook on high 6-8 hours until beans have softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with shredded white cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles.
Adapted from The Food Network