I don’t know about you, but things have been crazy hectic in my neck of the woods. It’s been my saving grace to throw a meal into the slow cooker and have it ready for those evenings that I don’t feel like putting a lot of time and effort in to dinner. Between my Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili and this, we’ve been pretty set. I’m excited to continue to find and make healthier versions of our favorite typically guilty comfort foods. I love Mexican food, so when I found this I knew it was something that both me and my husband would love. It’s delicious! It’s warm, it’s comforting, and it’s guilt-free: all the things we want in our meals. Give it a try, I’m sure you will love it too!
Slow Cooker Mexican Corn & Chicken Soup
This Slow Cooker Mexican Corn & Chicken Soup is comforting and guilt-free!
- 6-7 c. chicken broth
- 1 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 4 c. frozen corn
- 4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 c. chicken cubed
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- Cheese & tortilla strips for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream, milk, and garnishes in your slow cooker. Cook on high four hours, or low 6-8 hours.
- When cooked, stir in your sour cream and milk until fully incorporated. Warm an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with garnish. Enjoy!
Adapted from Lil Luna