This sponsored post is written by me in partnership with Real Salt. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
First things first.. Happy New Year! I hope that it’s off to a great start and I wish you a wonderful year filled with great memories and delicious food. If you’re like many people – myself included – you probably made a promise to yourself that you would treat yourself right this year, including watching what you eat. If that’s you, I’ve got great news! This Skinny Burrito Bowl is loaded with nutrition, while being slim on calories and carbs. It certainly doesn’t hurt that it tastes great as well!
This fresh and vibrant meal uses cauliflower rice instead of typical rice. If you’re not yet familiar with cauliflower rice, it’s really just finely minced pieces of cauliflower and can be purchased at just about any forward thinking grocery store these days, or you can make it yourself using a food processor. By using cauliflower rice, you’re cutting out a great number of carbs and getting a mighty dose of cruciferous nutrition instead. What a win-win!
You’ll also get an additional boost of nutrients from the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado in this recipe – as well as lean protein from the chicken breast. The chicken is seasoned with Redmond’s Real Salt Organic Season Salt Onion Salt and Garlic Salt,. The season salt is an incredibly tasty blend consisting of Real Salt, plus eight herbs and spices – including Onion, Corriander, Mustard, Black Pepper, Paprika, Celery Seed, Tumeric, & Parsley – All organic, and Kosher Certified as well.
I’m all about saving time in the kitchen, and being able to shake this incredibly versatile seasoning over my food is SO much faster and easier than cracking open 9 different bottles of salt, herbs, and spices. I’ll certainly be using this all. the. time in 2018!
One final thing to keep in mind as you prepare this wholesome recipe – don’t be afraid to put your own unique spin on it. Want to add some black olives? Go right ahead! How about some fresh corn? This burrito bowl is your canvas! Enjoy!
Skinny Burrito Bowl
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Organic Season Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Organic Onion Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt
- 2 c. cooked cauliflower rice
- 6 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, Diced
- 1 avocado, Diced
- 1 tbsp. greek yogurt
- Cilantro to Garnish
- Heat a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil and heat until warmed. Add chicken breast and season with Redmond Real Salt Organic Season, Onion & Garlic Salt. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degreesF. Evenly divide and layer the ingredients into two different bowls in the order listed above. Top with a greek yogurt and garnish with fresh cilantro.