This sponsored post is written by me in partnership with Real Salt. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
Temps are on the rise and warmer weather means fun foods begin to make an appearance again after a long winter. OK so when I say temps are on the rise, I suppose that will depend on where you are. For me, my weather in Utah has been a bit tumultuous. In fact, yesterday I’m fairly certain we experienced all four seasons in one day. Utah weather is crazy! While we may have had snow in the a.m. that didn’t stop me from wanting to bring a little sunshine indoors with these deliciously bright bite-sized treats. Lemon speaks to me in a way that chocolate speaks to most people. There’s something about the zing that I just absolutely love!
When spring comes I start pulling out the citrus recipes from my arsenal. Lemon has a way of lifting my spirits and bringing a smile to my face! These little babies however pack a secret punch: kosher sea salt ( Real Salt Ancient Kosher Sea Salt to be exact)! Everyone has heard of salted caramel – I wanted to take things to the next level and try salted LEMON! It worked & it was amazing. You honestly can’t go wrong when it comes to anything from Real Salt if you ask me. When you use a high quality product you get high quality results. The best part about this ridiculously easy dessert is that they are bite sized & don’t require any utensils PLUS they make for easy clean up (if there is anything to cleanup at all once you’ve unleashed these tarts to your guests!). Give them a try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Salted Lemon Tartlets
- 2 pkgs. mini fillo shells (fully baked), thawed
- 1 (11.5 oz.) jar lemon curd
- 3/4 c. fresh whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Kosher Sea Salt
- Lemon slices (quartered) for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place fillo cups on a baking sheet. Bake 3-5 minutes until crisp. Cool completely. Spoon about 2 tsp. of curd into each fillo cup; top with about a tsp. of freshly whipped cream. Sprinkle with Redmond Real Salt Kosher Sea Salt. Garnish with lemon slice if desired.