Last weekend I spent Saturday afternoon with my bestie. He casually mentioned this amazing meal he’d had the night before. It peaked my interest so much so that I reached out to the mutual friend who had made the deliciousness and almost immediately she responded with the recipe. A few days later I tried it. Loved it. Sharing it now with you. Seriously people this ‘rice’ is amazing. The PERFECT low carb alternative to rice. Maybe I’m late to the party and everyone already knows about this awesomeness… but it’s brand new to me and I’m loving it! Happy to share it with you, I know you will love it too :)
This Riced Cauliflower is a great low-carb alternative to rice!
- 1 head of cauliflower grated
- 1 sweet onion minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh mint chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on med/high heat. Saute onions until translucent.
- Turn to medium heat and add cauliflower (add several pats of butter, if desired). Mix in herbs, salt, and pepper. Saute 10-20 minutes until cauliflower is the right texture; stirring often.
- It is important not to overcook the 'rice' (under-cook rather than overcook, otherwise it will become mushy). Remove from pan and squeeze 1/2 - 1 lemon over top.
- Stir. Serve.
[My 2 Cents]
The easiest way I found (and a tip from Natasha) is to grate the cauliflower in a food processor until broken down into rice-sized pieces. This was super simple and worked perfectly. If you don't have a food processor, another option would be to grate it on a cheese grater. *Only grate the actual cauliflower. Discard the leaves and the stem.
Adapted from My friend, Natasha W