It’s already March? Can you believe that?
Time for spring flowers, warmer weather, and St. Patrick’s Day!
Lucky Lime Rolls
These Lucky Lime Rolls are delicious any day but, perfectly Lucky for St. Patrick's Day.
- 8 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Green Frosting Dip
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring
- milk if needed
- Using one roll, cut off a small piece of dough for the stem and press the rest of the roll into a 4-inch circle.
- Make 3 leaves by cutting the circle almost all the way through, into thirds like a pizza, leaving the pieces attached in the center.
- Clip each leaf at the top to make a dip in the top of the leaf.
- Combine zest and sugar in a bowl. Dip the cut and clipped circle, carefully in the melted butter and then into the sugar mixture.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet, separating the leaves so they don't touch. Roll the cut off piece into a stem and dip it in butter and sugar mixture and place under the center of the shamrock. Repeat process with remaining rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 45 minutes. Bake at 350°F 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with green frosting dip if desired.
- To make green frosting dip, combine all ingredients except milk and mix well. Add milk to make the right consistency for dipping.
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv