It seems like the holidays are sneaking up on me this year for whatever reason. I have got a menu in my head but haven’t really organized anything on paper yet. I’m a list person, so that’s kind of driving me nuts that I’m not ultra super prepared like I should be at this point. One thing is for sure, this Quinoa and Corn will be on the menu. I’m trying to serve the “lighter” side of things this holiday. I’ve been involved in a health challenge and want to make sure I don’t derail quickly. Even though it’s only one day, without restraint and planning things can go south in a hurry. Are you familiar with quinoa? If not – you are in luck. I recently posted a great step-by-step tutorial on How To Cook Quinoa. Check it out, it’s loaded with lots of pictures and helpful hints for you!
Quinoa and Corn
Try this Quinoa and Corn if you're looking for a lighter side dish this holiday season!
- 2 c. corn
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. cooked quinoa
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, lemon juice, melted butter, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the quinoa and corn kernels to the bowl with the dressing and toss until it's evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
[My 2 Cents]
Remember when I did my Freezer Corn: How To? That's what I pulled out for this recipe! Worked perfect. I was able to have fresh corn at the end of November for my holiday dish. If you weren't able to freeze corn this year, I would highly recommend it for next year. It's AWESOME!
Adapted from Just A Taste