This sponsored post is written by me in partnership with Rojo’s Salsa. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
Oh my! I am beyond excited to share this recipe with you! And I know you think it’s because these are the most adorable mini burritos you’ve ever seen… but it’s actually because I’ve got the most delicious dip to go right along with. Have you had Rojo’s Salsa? Not only do they offer a complete line of fresh, restaurant-quality salsas and dips – they have a brand new line of Queso Dips. I’m here to tell you, they are DELICIOUS! These baby burrito bites would be delicious paired with either the Salsa Con Queso (which is made with sour cream, creamy cotija & cream cheeses, mixed with quality ingredients, including fresh tomatoes, onions and jalapenos) or the Queso Blanco (which is Monterey Jack & cotija cheeses, zesty green chilies & jalapenos). I chose to use the Salsa Con Queso – but the next time I make these, I’ll pull out all the stops and serve them with both!
These baby burrito bites are absolutely perfect for parties and get togethers – or for any occasion when you want a quick and easy meal that you can eat with your fingers. I could totally see myself making these for my next Super Bowl party! When you pair these bite sized burritos with Rojo’s Salsa Dip, you are guaranteed to have a winner on your hands.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make it in a flash using readily available ingredients, and because Rojo’s can be found in the refrigerated section of major grocery stores nationwide, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting your hands on this mouth watering Queso Dip.
Queso Burrito Bites
- 1/2 c. refried beans
- 1/2 c. ground beef (seasoned with taco seasoning)
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese
- 12 tortillas (street taco size)
- 1 (12 oz.) Rojo's Salsa Con Queso
- Sour Cream
- Bean & Cheese: Put 1 tsp. of the cheese down the center of each tortilla, followed by 1 tbsp. of the refried beans, then tuck the ends in and roll up the burritos. Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray the surface with nonstick cooking spray and put the burritos, seam side down, on the grill. Cook until golden brown and crisp, then turn and cook the opposite side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meat & Cheese: Put 1 tsp. of the cheese down the center of each tortilla, followed by 1/2 tbsp. of refried beans & 1/2 tbsp. of seasoned ground beef, then tuck the ends in and roll up the burritos. Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray the surface with nonstick cooking spray and put the burritos, seam side down, on the grill. Cook until golden brown and crisp, then turn and cook the opposite side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Chimichanga: Instead of grilling, heat oil of your choice (vegetable or canola) to medium-high in a large skillet. Add 2 or 3 tortillas at a time. Fry quickly until golden brown on each side.