Want a fantastic 30 minute meal idea? These Philly Joe Sliders are absolutely perfect! They use simple ingredients and are easy enough even the kids can help put them together!
Philly Joe Sliders
This is a combination of a Philly Cheese Steak and a Sloppy Joe in a small hand held slider.
- 12 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv® Soft Yeast Rolls baked as directed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in medium fry pan and saute pepper and onion. When tender, add ground beef and brown. Drain then return to heat.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except the cheese. Stir into ground beef mixture and cook until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Cut rolls in half and spoon mixture onto roll bottoms. Top with cheese. Broil both top and bottom of sliders for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese. Place tops on buns and serve warm.
Adapted from Rhodes Bake N Serv