It’s happening folks. I’m begining to like spicy foods. Well sorta. I guess I should say I’m beginning to fall in love with jalapenos. Random. Randomly DELICIOUS!!! When I saw these sandwiches I knew I had to make them. I enjoy jalapeno poppers and I enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches. Put them together and this is what you get :). They were simple, so tasty, and mildly spicy. Mmmm. Yum!
Jalepeno Popper Sandwich
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 3-4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 green onions, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- On a hot grill, char the jalapenos. About 10-15 minutes. If you don't have a grill, you can always throw them under the broiler and turn them every few minutes.
- Place charred jalapenos in a bag to steam. After about 10 minutes, gently peel of the skin. Slice off the tops and discard. Slice down one side of the pepper and carefully remove the seed and ribs of the pepper.
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.
- Next combine the cream cheese, minced green onion and black pepper in a small bowl. Spread desired amount of cream cheese on one slice of bread then layer jalapeno's and cheese. Butter outer slices and griddle until golden and crispy.