I love oatmeal cookies. I also love coconut. Put them together with some M&M mini’s and you’ve got yourself the PERFECT holiday cookie! It would be hard to pick a favorite from the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies here at Tried and Tasty, but if I had to – these would be right up near the top. They are absolutely perfect. They are the kind of cookie that you just can’t eat one of. Thankfully I took the batch of them to work and shared with my co-workers so I wasn’t tempted to hide in the closet and chow down on the whole bunch of them. Not saying that I would do that, but left alone I’m not sure what I’m capable of with a delicious batch of freshly baked cookies. Make a batch, you’ll understand what I mean.
Holiday Oat Drop Cookies
These Holiday Oat Drops are the ultimate holiday comfort cookie!
- 1 c. 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats uncooked
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. M&M's semi-sweet chocolate holiday mini baking bits
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg. In medium bowl combine flour, oats, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; blend in flour mixture into creamed mixture, Stir in M&M's, coconut and pecans.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2-in. apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-13 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.
Adapted from The Cookie Bible