This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Attune Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
You guys! I’m back with another fantastic recipe partnering with one of my absolute favorite companies! By now you should know of my love for Attune Foods (seriously if you haven’t gotten these cereals in your pantry after hearing me talk about them over and over again: DO IT!) and this festive recipe is exactly what you need for the big weekend. I think there’s some sort of football game on T.V. or something.. have you guys heard any talk of a big game in recent weeks? Oh I know. THE SUPER BOWL! Hahaha. I tease. I may not be a huge football fan, but even I know what’s going down this coming Sunday! That’s exactly why I’m getting this ‘gotta-have-it’ recipe in your hands in just enough time to score major points with your family and guests.
If this mix looks familiar to you, that’s because I shared my Crispy Pumpkin Snack Mix with you last fall – and because I was so head over heels about the recipe I knew I couldn’t let that be the last you see of it. Boom. That’s when this super fun (and insanely adorable) mix came into existence. I mean.. who wouldn’t love a mini crispy rice football with frosting laces? Be sure to make room for this winning mix, along with other all stars such as Cheesy Baked Dip, and Football Turkey & Cheese Sammies on gameday. I guarantee the peeps at your party will plow right through this and ask for more!
Football Snack Mix
- 2/3 c. brown rice syrup
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. Unpopped organic non GMO popcorn kernels
- 1 c. pretzel snaps.
- 1/2 c. mini dark chocolate or carob chips
- 3/4 c. melted white chocolate
- 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine the coconut oil and brown rice syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute, then remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour the Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal into a large mixing bowl along with the cinnamon and salt. Stir in the boiled syrup mixture until the cereal is well-coated. Line an 9x9-inch pan with wax paper to prevent sticking, then spread the coated cereal in the pan. Pack the cereal tightly into the bottom of the pan. Place the bars into the freezer to set up for 45 minutes. Slice into 1/2 in. cubes.
- In an air popcorn popper, pop your unpopped kernels. In a small bowl mix together sugar & pumpkin pie spice. Combine remaining ingredients. Spread evenly between two cookie sheets. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar & let harden. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.