This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Attune Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
It’s Thanksgiving week – can you believe it?! I’ll be honest and tell you I can hardly believe it’s the end of November, let alone Thanksgiving week! Where the heck has this year gone? I’m bringing this delicious recipe to you just in time for your holiday feast. I can almost bet you’ve got another trip or two to the grocery store in your future in the next couple of days. While you’re there pick up what you need to make this Crispy Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix. It will be the perfect addition to your menu.
Iv’e teamed up once more with my friends over at Attune Foods and today I’m featuring the Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice. You may have seen me use this product (that I swear by for all your crispy rice needs) before in my Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats, Chocolate Buttercream Kiwi Tart or Salted Dark Chocolate No Bake Crunch Bars. All of the recipes I’ve developed are phenomenal (if I do say so myself) and it doesn’t end there. I’m over the moon about this snack mix I created. I took the pumpkin spice rice crispy treat recipe, modified it slightly (by removing the peanut butter) and elevated it by adding all sorts of yummy goodness. This is one of those ‘once you start snacking you can’t stop’ snacks. Definitely give it a try, and if you do, I’d love to hear what you think!
Crispy Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix
- 2/3 c. brown rice syrup
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. Unpopped organic non GMO popcorn kernels
- 1 c. pretzel snaps.
- 1/2 c. mini dark chocolate or carob chips
- 3/4 c. melted white chocolate
- 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the coconut oil and brown rice syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute, then remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour the Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal into a large mixing bowl along with the pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in the boiled syrup mixture until the cereal is well-coated. Line an 9x9-inch pan with wax paper to prevent sticking, then spread the coated cereal in the pan. Pack the cereal tightly into the bottom of the pan. Place the bars into the freezer to set up for 45 minutes. Slice into 1/2 in. cubes.
- In an air popcorn popper, pop your unpopped kernels. In a small bowl mix together sugar & pumpkin pie spice. Combine remaining ingredients. Spread evenly between two cookie sheets. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, sprinkle with pumpkin spice sugar & let harden. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.