I’m on a granola kick. I’m madly in love with this Easy Toss & Bake Granola. I’ve made it quite a few times in the last several weeks. But I didn’t want to stop there, I wanted to explore the world of granola and find even more of what I love. This variety is a fun sweet version. Have I mentioned how addicted I am to unsweetened coconut?? Oh man. If the recipe has it, I want to make it. Even better – this recipe has COCONUT BUTTER! I’d never even heard of coconut butter before now. Thankfully How Sweet It Is provides gorgeous photos and a recipe of how to make your own here. I checked out my local health food store and it’s crazy expensive to buy!
Coconut Butter Granola
Coconut Butter Granola is simple to make and is tasty on top of yogurt for breakfast or a good snack!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil measured solid
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, flaxseed and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add honey, coconut butter, coconut oil, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture is totally melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and pour over the oat mixture, stirring with a large spoon until the entire thing is equally moistened. Spread evenly on the baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss and then bake for 10 minutes more. Toss again, then bake for about 10 more minutes, stirring every 3 minutes or so until the mixture is golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about an hour.
- After the hour the granola should be ready to store. Place in an airtight container for up to a week or even maybe two...if it lasts that long!
Adapted from How Sweet It Is