I know, I know I’ve been MIA! I feel like I haven’t posted a recipe. Really I have no excuse other than LIFE gets in the way sometimes :). To butter you all up, I decided to make my “come back” with a tantalizing sweet treat! These are the most beautiful chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. They are PERFECT! I don’t mean to brag, but, just kidding! I am so happy to have found them and even more happy to share them with you! The best part about them is the recipe makes the perfect large, thick, chocolatey cookie! They are gorgeous enough to give as gifts. Which is exactly what I did, I packaged up these beauties and they are off to a wonderful friends house :). Go ahead. Make them. You know you want to! Just come back and let me know how they turned out!
Chocolate Chip Cafe Cookies
If you like large, thick, and tasty cookies, then you need to try these Chocolate Chip Cafe Cookies!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop the cookies 1/4 cup at a time onto baking sheet.
- Cookies should be approximately three inches apart.
- Bake for 21 minutes on non-stick pans or 15-17 minutes on regular cookie sheet.
- Cool on baking racks.
Adapted from Intimate Weddings