This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Attune Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
Did you know that making tarts can be ridiculously easy? All you need are three components: a crust, a filling, and a topping (which can even be optional if you don’t want to go that far). Because they are such a gorgeous dessert I wanted to try my hand at making a healthier and better-for-you option. The result? A success! Chocolate and fruit is one of my favorite combinations. They go together so beautifully. While chocolate and strawberry are most common, I decided to switch things up a bit and go with kiwi instead! Maybe I was drawn to the kiwi because green is my favorite color? Maybe I was drawn to the kiwi because it also pairs so well with chocolate that it seemed like a no brainer. Either way this showstopper is definitely worth making!
There’s a secret ingredient in the crust that I was super stoked to create. As I was looking at my box of Attune Foods Erewhon Simply Vanilla Granola I had one of those ‘think outside of the box’ moments. I thought… ‘what if I threw this in the blender…??’ I did! Voila, it was the perfect base for a perfectly sweet, perfect consistency, perfect crust! If you happen to have a Blendtec Twister Jar (that’s what I used) it worked its magic in less than 30 seconds. I bet you didn’t realize there’s more to ‘granola life’ than just parfaits and cereal did you? The possibilities are nearly endless. Ya’ll know my love of Attune Foods products, so if you see them in the store – you HAVE to snag them!
Chocolate Buttercream Kiwi Tart
- 2 c. Erewhon Simply Vanilla Granola
- 1/2 c. coconut butter (or 1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. real maple syrup
- 3-4 ripe kiwi, peeled & thinly sliced
- Using a high speed blender or food processor, blend the Erewhon Simply Vanilla Granola until a smooth powder-like consistency. Roughly 20 seconds. Transfer to medium sized bowl. If using pre-made coconut butter be sure that it is a creamy consistency. If you're making your own coconut butter add unsweetened shredded coconut to food processor or high speed blender and blend until liquified. Mix together ground granola and coconut butter. Press in an anodized aluminum rectangle 13.75 in. x 4.25 in. x 1 in. non-stick tart pan. Freeze while you prepare the buttercream.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Fill prepared crust with buttercream & refrigerate 30-60 minutes to setup.
- Cut kiwi in half and peel off the skin. Lay one half of the kiwi, cut side down, and slice the thinly. You want the slices to be thin so that they're easier to shape. Fan out kiwi slices so that they form a long line with the slices overlapping each other. Starting from one end, curl kiwi slices toward the center. Continue curling the slices until you get a rose.
- Top the tart with kiwi roses and additional slices as needed. Refrigerate overnight to develop mousse-like consistency. Enjoy!
- Kiwi rose tutorial used from this avocado rose tutorial found here: http://healthynibblesandbits.com/how-to-make-avocado-rose/