I must be in a baking mood?! Two cookies posts in the same week! You can tell what’s on my mind :). I’ve been holding on to this recipe for a few months now and was able to finally get around to making them! The turned out just as good as my last cookies… in the previous post! Not to toot my own horn or anything! Every day I learn new things about myself in the kitchen. Things like: I cook better without stress or pressure (go figure! doesn’t everyone?), I work best in a clean kitchen, and I most often excel when I’m cooking alone. I found all of those to be true last night as I was making these. I was home alone, I cleaned the kitchen first, no one knew I was making them so there was no added pressure and they turned out fabulous! I’ve gotten rave reviews from the crew at work. Go ahead, give them a try!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix the baking soda, salt and flour in a separate bowl. Add this mixture gradually to the sugar mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet, approximately two inches apart. Place it the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.