This sponsored post is written by me in partnership with Real Salt. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
My kitchen is smelling especially wonderful this afternoon, and it’s all thanks to this wholesome, belly warming Chicken Pot Pie recipe which you absolutely HAVE to try!
If you’re anything like me, its probably been a while since you’ve enjoyed a great Chicken Pot Pie – and for some of you, images of your friendly (or not so friendly) school lunch lady come rushing into your head at the mere mention of this classic American favorite. Rest assured, this recipe is sure to please school aged children and grown ups alike, and is virtually guaranteed to graduate at the top of its class!
What you have here is a warm, gooey filling that is perfectly balanced out by a crispy, fluffy, flaky crust, which is delivered by the use of Fillo Dough, rather than using a typical pie crust (extra crispy!). I’ll let you in on a little secret.. I actually don’t like pie crust. Gasp. I know right? True story. So I went on the hunt and what I found I’m quite certain is even BETTER than your traditional crust or biscuit option.
You’ll also pick up a great collection of savory flavors thanks to the Redmond’s Real Salt products used in the Pot Pie filling, including Organic Onion Salt & Organic Garlic Salt. If there are two things that I’m about when cooking & baking, it’s using the highest quality ingredients, while also employing tricks to save as much time as possible. Redmond’s Real Salt products help me accomplish both of those things in the kitchen. Not only are Redmond’s products of the absolutely highest quality, but they also allow me to save time by combining different salts and seasonings in the same easy to use container for maximum efficiency.
Without further ado, lets dig in to this delicious Pot Pie recipe, shall we?
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 12 ounce bag of Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 2 Shredded Chicken Breasts
- 2.5 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1.5 cups of Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Organic Onion Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Sheets of Fillo Dough
- 1 Egg + 1 tbsp. Water for Egg Wash
- Add olive oil to a medium sized pot and turn heat to medium. Once olive oil is hot, add sliced mushrooms and saute for approximately 5 minutes. Add frozen peas, carrots, Redmond Real Salt Organic Garlic Salt, black pepper, and thyme to pot and stir regularly for 5 additional minutes.
- Shred two cooked chicken breasts and add to pot. In a separate medium sized pot, whisk together chicken stock and heavy cream, then slowly add all purpose flour, Redmond Real Salt Organic Onion Salt, and black pepper while continuing to whisk mixture. Add 2 cups of homemade cream of chicken soup to chicken & vegetable mixture and mix well. Scoop pot pie mixture into ramekins, then cover with several layers of fillo dough, brushing each layer with egg wash. Place ramekins in preheated oven and bake at 425 F for 18-20 minutes. Pot pies are ready when fillo dough is a flaky golden brown.