These are very simliar to The Pizza Factory’s breadsticks. If you’ve never had theirs, then you will be in for a treat! Best part about it is there are only a small handful of ingredients so you are bound to be able to make them anytime you want. That can pose a problem, because they are so good you will want them all the time [if you are a bread lover like myself]. The original recipe didn’t state how many breadtwists you will make and so when I started twisting them I thought they were a little flimsy. I went back and read through the comments to learn that you should be able to make 6-8 good-sized breadtwists. Have at it, they are delicious!
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix until smooth then let raise for 10 minutes. Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface.
- Brush with melted (real) butter mixed with minced garlic and then sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet.
- Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately after baking, brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with marinara(see below), alfredo sauce, or ranch for dipping.
- *Dough also makes a great pizza dough, just roll out into a large circle, add your favorite toppings, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.