This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission (ORBC). Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! All the good food and drinks come out around this time and this year is no different. I don’t know about you but I love having a festive drink to sip at my holiday parties. This family friendly spritzer is perfect! Not only is it the most gorgeous shade of pinky red, great for kids and adults alike, it is absolutely delicious and made without any refined sugar. I’ve partnered with my friends once more from the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission (ORBC) to bring you this yummy sippable. Be sure to check out my Blackberry Hand Pies if you missed those (they are also delightful, and wouldn’t be a bad addition as well to your holiday menu). I used Stahlbush Island Farms Marrion Blackberries for my recipe – you can find them in the freezer section of your grocery store (or be on the lookout for these other ORB brands you’ll find here).
I’m a humongous fan of Oregon, that’s no secret. Anytime I can partner with that beautiful state (where quite honestly, a piece of my heart still is) I’m more than happy to. If you’re new to the site I highly recommend this post where I explain the moment I fell in love with Oregon, more specifically… Portland. I was inspired by my Vanilla Rosemary Lemonade to create this holiday variation. There’s just something so wonderful about the lemon and blackberry flavors together – topped off with the rich vanilla flavor. The specks of vanilla bean throughout the yummy spritzer is the icing on the cake. This beautiful concoction would be a showstopper on any party table! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Blackberry Vanilla Lemon Spritzer
- 3/4 c. honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pint Oregon blackberries
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6-8 large lemons)
- 25.4 oz. Lemon Italian Soda (OR) sparkling water
- Combine honey, vanilla bean, blackberries, vanilla bean paste, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 30 minutes. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Discarding vanilla bean, reserve the blackberries. Blend together liquid and blackberries on high until completely smooth. Pour once more through a fine wire-mesh strainer to remove seeds in a large bowl. Stir in fresh lemon juice. Makes 4 cups concentrate. Cover and chill 3 to 48 hours. Option 1: Mix together 2 c. blackberry vanilla concentrate with Lemon Italian Soda (OR) sparkling water. Option 2: Blend 2 c. blackberry vanilla concentrate with 4 c. ice until desired consistency is reached (30-60 seconds on high) to create a slushy.