I am a huge fan of breakfast. In fact, I’d dare say it’s my favorite meal. If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ve probably seen me pinning to my ‘Breakfast Is My Favorite Meal‘ or ‘Healthy Way To Start The Day‘ boards. I’m always in search of a great french toast recipe. Narrowing down my favorite breakfast would be tough, but a good french toast recipe will almost always be found at the top of my list. What’s your favorite? In addition to loving breakfast I also LOVE lemon! Love, love, LOVE it!! In thinking of a great quick and easy breakfast recipe the idea of lemon paired with french toast won me over right away.
The best part about it is, you can make a lot of breakfast all at once or you can make breakfast for one with this french toast recipe. All you need to do is just use as much bread as you think you’ll eat. Plan for the whole loaf, this will get eaten up immediately!
5-Ingredient Lemon French Toast Recipe
If you love lemon, you'll love this Lemon French Toast recipe! It's a slightly citrusy twist of a popular breakfast staple.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 c. almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 loaf challah bread sliced to desired thickness
- Mix, milk, lemon juice, and eggs until well blended.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg batter and coat both sides.
- Heat skillet to medium, place 1 tablespoon butter in pan (or spray with cooking spray) and place bread into pan and cook on each side until lightly crisp.
- Spread butter on top of each slice, drizzle with your favorite syrup and dust with powdered sugar.
Of course you don't have to use challah bread, it just happened to be the tastiest looking thing at the bakery when I went. Typically we only have wheat bread on hand, so I would generally use that. Use whatever bread you'd like. This challah however is my favorite!
Adapted from Created By Diane