You are not going to believe how simple this Black Bean Soup is. About a year or so ago Steve discovered dehydrated black beans in the bulk section of our local health food store. On a whim we bought them and have been making this soup ever since. I am surprised it has taken me this long to share this delicious and VERY easy recipe with you! We’ve even made it for our neighbors who we have over for dinner on occasion and even they loved it! Simple recipes are my jam and it doesn’t get more simple than this tasty soup.
I didn’t even know you could buy dehydrated black beans, nor would I have ever known what to do with them. This soup comes together so fast you can have dinner on the table for your family in only 20 minutes. Garnish with your favorite toppings and away you go. We’ve also had this with guacamole scooped in rather than sliced avocado – both are equally delicious. You could forego the chips but I think they add just the right amount of crunch that pairs well. Of course for those that don’t like spicy food, you can nix the jalapeños altogether too. What a wonderful meal for Meatless Monday… completely unintentional that I posted a vegetarian recipe today but quite fitting. I hope you’ll give it a try, and if you do, snap a photo and tag me. I’d love to check it out!
Items used in this post:
20 Minute Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 c. dehydrated black beans
- Juice of 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- Jalapeno slices optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add dehydrated black beans and simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning. Add lime juice and remove from stove. Divide into two bowls and top with avocado, cheese, sour cream and jalapeno (optional). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy!