I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Quick and easy meals are my absolute jam. You feel me right? I mean I can hardly keep the calendar clean let alone make time for an extravagant dinner on a regular basis. Do people even make elaborate dinners anymore? If you have time for that just know that I envy you. I decided to use my Johnsonville Better with Cheddar Smoke Sausage to whip up an easy 30 minute meal. I was inspired by my Two Timin’ Pasta Bake to make a heartier version. Anyone I’ve ever made that dish for has raved about it, begged for the recipe AND has made it time and time again. Why is it so popular? It’s EASY! Easy and delicious are always winners.
What I love about this particular Johnsonville product is that there are no fillers and it’s made with 100% premium cuts of pork. It’s extremely versatile and works just as well in your favorite pasta dish as it does hot off the grill in a toasty bun with your fav condiments. My family was in town the past week and I made this for them to see how it would go over and not only did they scarf it up, they went back for seconds which is ALWAYS the highest compliment in my book. The best part about it was that it was ready in 30 minutes, which means I was able to spend more time with them and less time in the kitchen. Win/win. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
Two Timin' Tortellini & Sausage
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville Better with Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (20 oz.) pkg. three cheese tortellini
- 1 (24 oz.) marinara
- 1 (15 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to directions, drain and set aside. In the same pan brown Better with Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links with onion for 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add back in tortellini. Add marinara and Alfredo and toss to coat. Return to stove and heat on medium high until warmed throughout. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese; broil on high for five minutes. Serve immediately.