Who doesn’t love a delicious 30-minute meal? This pasta dish has become a favorite to anyone that has tried it! It’s so simple, yet can be made a little more hearty with the quick addition of grilled chicken breast strips or Italian sausage. If you need a dish to take to a friend, neighbor, new mom, or just something to throw together – this is the dish for you!
I’m in the crowd that has a hard time deciding between alfredo and marinara. More often than not alfredo wins. Recently my husband and I have been hooked on frozen cheese ravioli and tortellini, when he first made them for us he heated up both sauces: alfredo and marinara. Somehow or another both sauces ended up getting mixed together and I LOVED it. When I saw this recipe I knew I would love it too. It’s the perfect idea. Bringing two favorites together. We only buy whole wheat pasta – so that’s the only substitution I made! Other than that, it was exactly what I hoped it to be.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (24oz.) jar Marinara sauce
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the sauces together. Add the mozzarella and stir to combine. Then toss in the penne and toss to coat. Pour pasta into 9x13 baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese; bake for another 5 minutes.