I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville® sponsored series for Socialstars™
Here’s the thing. I love me some breakfast. I’m talking LOVE breakfast. Why? Why is it that I do? Well a few reasons. 1. After a LONG nights sleep when I wake up I’m good ‘n ready for something yummy to fill my belly. 2. All of the good foods are breakfast foods. Pancakes. Waffles. French Toast. See what I mean? 3. It’s one of those meals that sounds good no matter what time of day. Breakfast for dinner is my jam. I LOVE having brinner. This particular Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Hash is the perfect family meal. I’m a huge fan of Johnsonville®, and what I particularly like is that you can use the Johnsonville® All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage product that does not require touching the meat with your hands – much like ground beef or turkey, you can simply unwrap and toss the sausage in the pan to start browning!
Loaded with veggies this hash is an excellent way to start (or end) your day. Did you see my Sausage and Veggie Lovers Casserole I posted back in December? I see a trend. I love Johnsonville® and I love veggies! The two go so nicely hand in hand. I’ve actually been wanting to make a sweet potato breakfast casserole for some time now and I’m glad I finally got around to doing it. Not only did I totally dig this, but so did the hubs. If I can get the hubs on board – you KNOW it’s a good recipe. It’s also nice that for those that want or need it, it’s gluten free! Another perk is that this recipe feeds a lot – so this would be great to have for a special breakfast or brunch on the weekend or holiday. Basically, you’re family is guaranteed to enjoy it anytime!
Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Hash
- 2 c. sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 c. russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini,cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. Johnsonville All Natural Mild Italian Sausage
- 3 eggs
- In a large skillet brown Johnsonville All Natural Mild Italian Sausage until no longer pink. Remove from pan, drain grease. In the same pan cook sweet and russet potatoes until tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. Add veggies (zucchini, bell pepper, and onion; cook on medium-high until tender. Add back in cooked sausage. Cover and keep warm. In a separate skilled cook eggs over easy. Place eggs on top of breakfast hash. Garnish with fresh parsley (optional). Serve immediately. Enjoy!