This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s FINALLY summer!!!! Can you hear my excitement? OK. So technically we have another week and then it will officially be here, but you know what I mean! If you haven’t started working on your bikini bod – then now is the time. There’s no time to waste! These Summer Cabbage Spring Rolls are totally ‘waist friendly’!
These spring rolls also happen to be packed with all the vibrant colors of Summer as well, thanks to beautiful ingredients such as purple cabbage, basil, and kumquats (which look like tiny little oranges if you haven’t been introduced to them yet).
The star ingredient that pulls everything together is Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is non-GMO and made from organic olives and produced using organic farming standards. The intense, full-bodied flavor of the olive oil is great to ignite everyday experimentation for sautéing or grilling vegetables, seasoning meats (chicken, in this case), and flavoring pastas and marinades. This oil also happens to be exceptionally healthy thanks to it being rich in monounsaturated fats.
Oftentimes, it’s easy to fall into the mindset of thinking that all oils are the same; but the truth is that quality matters when it comes to each and every ingredient used in a recipe, and oil is certainly no exception! In fact, choosing a high quality oil may be the most important factor when it comes to the overall flavor and healthfulness of a meal. I felt confident using Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe, knowing that Bertolli is the number one oil brand in the world, with over 150 years of experience in olive oil blending. The fact that they’ve gone the extra mile to deliver a clean organic oil is all the more reason to celebrate and eat up.
Summer Cabbage Spring Rolls
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - 2 tbsp. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 5-10 kumquats, washed & rinsed, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 5-10 basil leaves
- 4-6 9-inch rice paper wrappers
- In a small pan, heat Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium-high heat until bubbles start to appear. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Working with one rice paper at a time, submerge in a shallow bowl of water for 5 seconds. Remove rice paper from water and place on your work surface. Layer on a small amount of cabbage, 1-2 basil leaves, sliced chicken, and sliced kumquats. Fold over one side of the rice paper then fold over top and bottom. Using a rolling motion, continue to seal rice paper on opposite side. Store spring rolls in the fridge, uncut, for up to 5 days.